I know this is a healthy eating blog but once in a while, a girl has to have cupcakes.
This recipe has got to be shared because it is so easy and will have you baking up a batch of fluffy cupcakes for any occasion! Also, It’s a lot lighter than other ways of making cupcakes.
Adapted from Eatliverun
1 cup Supreme Sponge flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup cocoa powder for chocolate cake OR 1/3 Sponge flour for plain cake*
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
A bar of chocolate (optional)
*On this occasion I made plain cake, but I have used the cocoa powder before to bake chocolate cake and the result is equally as delicious.
1. Firstly preheat the oven to 140 degrees C. Be careful not to use a very high temperature as this will make the cup cakes sink.
2. Then sieve the dry ingredients (except sugar): the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt (and cocoa powder if you include it).
3. In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: buttermilk, oil, vanilla essence and sugar.
5. Line a cupcake tray with paper holders (Is that what they are called?) and fill them about half way. Whilst filling up the paper holder, I added a piece of chocolate inbetween the cake batter.
6. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown
7. Frost when cooled
Anybody want to guess what happened to the 12th? ;)
The beauty of this cupcake recipe is that it never fails! The cupcakes always come out light and fluffy. You can also double the mixture and pour the cake batter in two round 9″ pans and make a cake.
Have a sweet week !