Hiii guys !
Last week we had three black bananas in our fruit bowl. I tried my best to finish them with green monsters in the days before, but three is a difficult number of bananas to overcome! My mother was panicking that she would have to throw them away and she despises waste….
What is a girl to do?
Make banana bread of course. Yey! This is super easy and who doesn’t like to mash up bananas?
Adapted from Madhuram’s
2 cups Self raising flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Sunflower oil
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup White sugar
3 Bananas, medium size, mashed well
1/4 cup Non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
1. Combine the apple cider vinegar and the milk in a small bowl, and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 140 degrees C. (or your usual cake temperature) for 15 minutes. Line your loaf pans with grease proof paper. (I had three small 4″ loaf pans and it worked out perfectly).
3. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. In another large bowl mix the oil and sugar together well. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract and milk-vinegar mixture.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well. Mix in the nuts.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pans and place in the oven for half an hour or so, keeping an eye on when the banana bread turns golden.
7. And out of the oven….
This was actually a surprisingly successful first attempt at banana bread, luckily I had a tea party to take it to, and it was a hit! :)
This cake is bananas – b, a, n a n a s! Enjoy! :)